Concerning a theater ticket to David Garrick's Shakespears Jubiliee signed by Geo. Garrick.
Included in this item (5)
The date the item was original created (prior to any relationship with the ASU Digital Repositories.)
- Identifier TypeLocally defined identifierIdentifier ValueMSS_363_GAG_1769_1_1
- Identifier TypeLocally defined identifierIdentifier ValueMSS_363_GAG_1769_1_2
- Seller's Description: Attached statement.
- Creation Date Details: "1769" is written on the ticket, but as there was only ever one Shakespears Jubilee, that date can be confirmed.
- Condition of Original: Ticket has foxing, is fragile, and has edge chips.
- Paper Details: originally folded.
- Curator's Note: Geo; could be David's brother George Garrick. David Garrick organized the Shakespears Jubilee and was the most popular Shakespeare actor in England.
- Provenance: Seller's Note reads "From the collection of Baroness Burdett Coutts.
- Transcription Detail: Handwritten notes on the verso of the Jubilee ticket read: "John Johnston", "Signature of David Garrick", and "This note is an Error".