Concerning a request for Peter to visit David and go fishing with him.
Included in this item (8)
The date the item was original created (prior to any relationship with the ASU Digital Repositories.)
1717 to 1779
- Identifier TypeLocally defined identifierIdentifier ValueMSS_363_GAD_undated_1_1
- Identifier TypeLocally defined identifierIdentifier ValueMSS_363_GAD_undated_1_2
- Identifier TypeLocally defined identifierIdentifier ValueMSS_363_GAD_undated_1_3
- Identifier TypeLocally defined identifierIdentifier ValueMSS_363_GAD_undated_1_4
- Seller's Description: Attached Statement- Local Call Number MSS_363_GAD_undated_1_2. Statement contains a description of the manuscript, a transcription, and a handwritten note. Curator's note: The recipient, Peter, is David's brother. Lichfield (not Litchfield as it is spelled on the manuscript) was the name of the garrison in Staffordshire where Garrick lived growing up. Taped on handwritten note reads: "part of a letter of David Garrick to his Brother.------, opens in a new window Postage Details: Lichfield is the name of the home where both Peter and David grew up. Remains of Sealing wax. Paper Details: Originally folded. Paper description glued on to original. Condition of Original: Fragile, foxing, cut off, tape added. Creation Date Details: Undated range is the author's lifespan. Provenance: Handwritten note on the Seller's Note reads: "From the Collection of Baroness Burdett Coutts.