Included in this item (5)
MSS 363, MEJ 1663-1-1 Back
MSS 363, MEJ 1663-1-1 Front
MSS 363, MEJ 1663-1-2
- Mennes, John, Sir, 1599-1671 (Author)
- Connelly, Mollie (Transcriber)
The date the item was original created (prior to any relationship with the ASU Digital Repositories.)
- Identifier TypeLocally defined identifierIdentifier ValueMEJ_1663_1_1
- Identifier TypeLocally defined identifierIdentifier ValueMEJ_1663_1_2
- Postage Details: Address reads "To the right honorable Sr. Richard Fanshw. Lord Ambassadour for his Matie of griat Britamne at Lisbon m/Portugal."
- Postage Details: Return address reads: "From Sr. Jo. Mennes Dated 17 Aprill 1663.st. vet. Recd. in Lixa 17/7 June 1663. By Mr. Randall."
- Transcription Details: In difficult handwriting.
- Paper Details: Mark of a seal visible. Originally folded. Foxing.
- Condition of Original: Fragile.
- Provenance: According to Seller's description, this letter was tipped into "The Lusiad, or, Portugals historicall poem: written in the Portingall language by Lvis de Camoens; and now newly put into English by Richard Fanshaw esq." Publisher London, Printed for Humphrey Moseley, at the Prince's-arms in St. Pauls church-yard, 1655. Local Call #: SPEC- C-576, along with the Fanshawe Letter in this collection Local Call #: MSS_363_FAR_1650_1.