- Palgen-Maissoneuve, Mimi, 1918-1995 (Photographer)
The date the item was original created (prior to any relationship with the ASU Digital Repositories.)
1942 to 1962
Collections this item is in
- ASU Libraries undertakes research and accepts public comments that enhance the information we hold about images in our collections. If you can identify a landmark or person please send details to: firstname.lastname@example.org, opens in a new window. Thank you for helping describe and caption this important historical image.
- The characteristic Khmer ox-drawn wooden cart has changed little since the Angkor period, as can be seen on the bas-reliefs of the Bayon. For an interesting description of oxcarts and oxcart construction in the 19th century in Battambang, see Battambang in the Time of the Lord Vassal by Tauch Chhuong.
- Source for information about the object depicted in the image: Coe, Michael D. Angkor and the Khmer Civilization. New York: Thames & Hudson, 2003.
- To request permission to publish please complete the form located at the Department of Archives and Special Collections web site: http://hdl.handle.net/2286/7f5bakntwx1, opens in a new window.
Citation and reuse
Cite this item
This is a suggested citation. Consult the appropriate style guide for specific citation guidelines.
Preliminary Inventory of the Center for Asian Research Records (1966-2006). MimiJac Palgen Memorial Collection (1995). 2007-04146. University Archives. ASU Library, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ. http://www.azarchivesonline.org/xtf/view?docId=ead/asu/asianresearch_ac…