- ASU Libraries undertakes research and accepts public comments that enhance the information we hold about images in our collections. If you can identify a landmark or person please send details to: email@example.com, opens in a new window. Thank you for helping describe and caption this important historical image.
- Information about the beginning date of the object depicted in the image: 1935
- Information about the completion date of the object depicted in the image: 1937
- The market dates from the colonial period, 1935-1937, and its surrounding streets were built around 1946. Ernest Hebrard, head of the French Town Planning Service in Indochina, was responsible for the town planning. The main entrance to the market faces east towards Street 136, and the market is bounded by Streets 67, 130, 53 and 126. It has a central domed hall with four arms, and market stalls fill the surrounding areas.
- Source for information about the object depicted in the image: Philpotts, Robert. A Guide to Phnom Penh. London: Blackwater Books, 1993. Igout, Michel. Phnom Penh Then and Now. Bangkok: White Lotus Co., Ltd., 1993.
- To request permission to publish please complete the form located at the Department of Archives and Special Collections web site: http://hdl.handle.net/2286/7f5bakntwx1, opens in a new window.
Citation and reuse
Cite this item
This is a suggested citation. Consult the appropriate style guide for specific citation guidelines.
Preliminary Inventory of the Center for Asian Research Records (1966-2006). MimiJac Palgen Memorial Collection (1995). 2007-04146. University Archives. ASU Library, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ. http://www.azarchivesonline.org/xtf/view?docId=ead/asu/asianresearch_ac…