This report provides a simplified method to be used for evaluating the skin friction and tip resistance of axially loaded drilled shafts. A summary of literature and current practice was completed and then a comprehensive set of field and laboratory tests was performed. Several soil samples were collected from different sites from Arizona and surrounding states. Large scale direct shear apparatus was developed and used to determine the friction between soil and concrete.
Download count: 0
- Houston, William N. (Author)
- The Pride Publishing Company (Author)
The date the item was original created (prior to any relationship with the ASU Digital Repositories.)
Collections this item is in
- Identifier ValueTRT 28.2:D 64
- Performed by Arizona State University in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 111-113)