A series of small earth movements occurred along the slopes of State Route 87 at about mile marker 224 (between the Bush Highway and Route 188) throughout the winter of 2007‐2008, culminating with a landslide on Friday, 21 March 2008. This landslide buckled the southbound lanes, displaced the northbound lanes, and closed the highway for nearly a week. The mass movements occurred on slopes that were constructed with re‐vegetated, laid back slopes; soil nail walls; and rip rap‐lined channels.
Download count: 0
- Diaz, Mimi (Author)
- Gootee, Brian F. (Author)
- Youberg, Ann (Author)
- Arizona Geological Survey (Publisher)
The date the item was original created (prior to any relationship with the ASU Digital Repositories.)
Collections this item is in
- Identifier ValueGS 1.3:O 63/08-4
- Open-file report (Arizona Geological Survey) ; 08-04
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 8).