A key outcome of the Arizona Multimodal Freight Analysis Study is “a strategy for establishing freight analysis as an integral part of Arizona’s long-range planning process.” This study was directed to include the following as part of the strategy development:
• Broad themes to guide future freight planning.
• A description of how multimodal transportation networks impact the freight industry.
• Potential impacts of freight strategies on economic development in Arizona.
• A strategy for freight data collection, analysis, and planning.
• Measurable indicators describing the impact of freight traffic on the performance of Arizona’s multimodal freight transportation network.
- Arizona Multimodal Freight Analysis Study